Posts by blackmore

So I made a php script to test PDO

<?php

$servername = "xxxx.myhostname.com";

$username = "dbuser";

$password = "dbpassword";

try {

$conn = new PDO("mysql:host=$servername;port=3306;dbname=eqdkp", $username, $password);

// set the PDO error mode to exception

$conn->setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_ERRMODE, PDO::ERRMODE_EXCEPTION);

echo "Connected successfully";

}

catch(PDOException $e)

{

echo "Connection failed: " . $e->getMessage();

}

?>

When I run it...

"Connected Successfully"

if I typo the password I get a SQLSTATE[HY0000] [1045] Access Denied, what is interesting is if I typo the hostname eventually it will kick out a SQLSTATE[HY0000][2002] connection timed out.

Is EQDKP somehow failing a hostname lookup or could i be exceeding a string length in the hostname field and its truncating? Could it be ignoring the non-standard port? Any logging get kicked out during install?

Maybe you have misconfigured your php installation. As EQdkp uses the pdo drivers of php, we do nothing directly on databases, but using the PDO abstraction builtin php.

It says its using PHP 7.2 and 7.2 PDO doesnt have an issues talking to MYSQL8 as long as you use the legacy password types on your DB users (which i did).

On a related note. I am trying to install eqdkp on a Mysql8 instance. I have setup the DB user to use traditional login not SHA2 but I keep getting this error when trying to access the DB:

I can login to mysql fine from the linux mysql client, and from mysql workbench.

Error

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection timed out