Filehandler PHP Fatal Error

We have already announced it 2017, that we will end the development and support of EQdkp Plus. As we are not able anymore to effort the required time to maintain EQdkp Plus, and we didn't received any help, we have decided to end the complete project EQdkp Plus. Therefore, there will be one last release of EQdkp Plus.

All relevant information are already transferred to GitHub. Additional scripts, documentation and the Source Code is available at our GitHub Repository. The project tools like board, wiki etc. will be removed in ca. 2-3 months.

We want to thank you for your journey with EQdkp Plus over all these years, and wish you a lot of successful raids.

The EQdkp Plus Team
  • Hello,

I am receiving the below errors. I am running PHP 7.4.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Internal error code: 20210221:ef8f84ca439c851092b8329f4748b90c

PHP error log

21.02.2021 02:24:51 ERROR: File: /home/dreamc37/public_html/sigil-guild.com/core/file_handler/filehandler_php.php line: 125 Error Code: 1 Error String: Illegal length modifier specified 'f' in s[np]printf call

fatal error log

21.02.2021 02:24:51 >>>> 20210221:76b65f61544fb296d38b91cdab72cc05 <<<<

Type: ERROR

Message: Illegal length modifier specified 'f' in s[np]printf call

Code: File: /home/dreamc37/public_html/sigil-guild.com/core/file_handler/filehandler_php.php, Line: 125

Trace:

File: , Line: , Function: catch_fatals, Object: plus_debug_logger

• There is nothing we can do about it, this is an internal PHP error. Your Hoster should update the PHP Version.

Btw: your both hosters are sister companys, so not surprising that both have this problem.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• For clarity sake, what does EQ DKP support consider the "the current version". We are running PHP 7.4 and have been for several months/

• The latest bugfix version of 7.4. This seams to be a PHP internal issue, as we are not using any printf call. When you search the internet for this error, you always get the answer, that this a PHP problem.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• I am at a loss then since we are running PHP 7.4 and haven't changed anything since the last update to EQDKP and it has been running without problem for several months.

• Did you already have contacted your hosting company about this error?

In the meantime, you could check which version of PHP (including the third column of the version) you are using within your EQdkp Plus admin panel.

• I have been in contact with my hosting company 2 times now and they swear up and down it is an application error. I have been running version 7.4 of php all along, even from the onset of the problem, there is no third column.

Now I am back here in desperation. The host is now willing to look into the problem if I pay them money

• Maybe your hoster does not communicate about the patch version (the third column). But there is one :)
    You should be able to find out within your administration panel as in my screenshot.

But as Godmod already said, we do not use the function directly where the error is from.
    If you check the code at the given file and line from the error message, we just call file_put_contents, a common function from PHP itself.
    There is really nothing, we can do about a faulty setup at your hosting company.

• BTW, the hosting company has refused to look at this problem claiming it is an application error. Their definition of an application error seems to be if it is "open code" as PHP is, they won't support it as it is an "application problem. BTW, the hosing company seems to think that technical support is building a web site, not supporting the software that keeps it running. Oh, and they will be more than happy to charge me big bucks to debug this problem.

Frankly I am at the point that I don't care whose problem it is as I have over 100 users who are getting quite upset because they can't see their dkp and are unsure if they can bid on items. This makes the game much less fun for all.

As an aside, whether your code calls "print" or not doesn't really mean anything to me. Somehow your code is inserting that function into the data stream and it's causing an error that's causing me severe headaches!

• I can truely understand that this creates headache to you, and I'm sorry for that, but that's no reason to use a rude tone. I would like to remember you that you are using a free and open source tool, where you have no guarantees. Besides of that, we are doing our best to support our users where we can - in our free time. But in your case, our hands are bound because we cannot debug internal PHP functions. Also, please think about if it would be a general error in our Software which would prevent users of using, our board would be full of complaints - but currently I can only found two, from the users in this thread.

As Bloodsoul suggested, the cheapest (and headache saving) option is trying out another hoster. Many of them do offer a free trial, so you can try them out before giving out your old one. You can find here Hoster Erfahrungsberichte a (in german language) hoster recommendation list. We are quite happy with Uberspace, but that's something for people which have experience with the console. They offer a trial and a pay-what-you-want principle without a long-term contract.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!