[Everquest] Itemtooltip stopped working

We have already announced it 2017, that we will end the development and support of EQdkp Plus. As we are not able anymore to effort the required time to maintain EQdkp Plus, and we didn't received any help, we have decided to end the complete project EQdkp Plus. Therefore, there will be one last release of EQdkp Plus.

All relevant information are already transferred to GitHub. Additional scripts, documentation and the Source Code is available at our GitHub Repository. The project tools like board, wiki etc. will be removed in ca. 2-3 months.

We want to thank you for your journey with EQdkp Plus over all these years, and wish you a lot of successful raids.

The EQdkp Plus Team
  • Hi, was importing a raid when i saw some items not getting updated. So tried to sort it out. Eventually i hit clear itemcache and now no icons are showing for all our loot.

I'm out of ideas on what could have gone wrong.

I put debug on the itemtooltip and it shows:

unknown
    Item not found.

infotooltip:
    1607505982.7716s: getitem called: item_name: Enchanted Jewel of Shielding, lang: en, game_id: , forceupdate: false, data:
    1607505982.7816s: Search in cache: eq_en_Enchanted Jewel of Shielding_YToxOntzOjY6InNlcnZlciI7YjowO30=
    1607505982.7817s: Item not found. Check if language en is available.
    1607505982.7823s: Language is available.
    1607505982.7823s: update called: item_name: Enchanted Jewel of Shielding, lang: en, game_id: , data:
    1607505982.8698s: Load Parser in priority: 1. zam, 2. zam,
    1607505982.8698s: Call getitem for parser: zam
    1607505983.0709s: Call getitem for parser: zam
    1607505983.2862s: added to cache in lang .

I also see multiple of these in inspect:

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

https://www.theremedy.eu/eqdkp…&divid=span_5fd08b7539f7a

But question is, is that related to my server or is it towards ZAM?

In itemtooltip i have the following:

Cheers Dawid

Installed versionFILE: 2.3.36.0, DB: 2.3.36.0

data folderfeb9b4b623707ca3e553dde3d33dde8b

Database namemdsmubuy_bb1

Table prefixeqdkp22_

EQdkp started at30.10.17 23:22

ServerPHP Version7.4.12  Detailed PHP Information

Register GlobalsOff

CURLOn (7.71.0)

FopenOn

MySQL VersionClient (mysqlnd 7.4.12)

Server (5.5.5-10.2.34-MariaDB-log-cll-lve)

Database Size26.28 MB

• ZAM uses Cloudflare, which currently blocks the Item-Requests, therefore the Tooltips are not working.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• Ah ok, darn... why did i do clear cache :(

Thanks for your answer! You got any info when they will allow it again? if ever?

Another thing, hope its ok to ask it in this one.

I dont see the EQ icon for raids in event management.

As you can see most raids have it:

But when trying to assign the icon, its not there anymore:

And if i choose upload event icon i'm in this dir:

But my EQ icon is here (i think):

I also tried to do upload and copy the EQ icon to that directory.

Still i'm not able to select it. The permissions are the same 0644

Cheers

• Thanks for your answer! You got any info when they will allow it again? if ever?

No, I don't have any information about this.

I also tried to do upload and copy the EQ icon to that directory.

Change the file ending to "jpg".

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• Thanks again, the event Icon works now.

Does a backup save the "itemcache" thinking if there was a way to restore those tooltips until ZAM allows it again?

Cheers

• Yes, you can restore the itt cache from a file Backup, if you have one.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Thanks. You can use the following information for debugging:

Code
    Error 1020
    Ray ID: 600122a7a87bc303 • 2020-12-11 18:05:43 UTC
    Access denied

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• It looks like this is being blocked at the browser. I tested this on a older installation of eqdkp plus within Google Chrome.

In the dev console of chrome it shows as,

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response <URL> with MIME type text/html. See <URL> for more details.

Cross-Origin Read Blocking (CORB) blocked cross-origin response https://everquest.allakhazam.com/pgfx/.png with MIME type text/html. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5629709824032768 for more details.

When I look at apache logs I see this for a request,

{ "@timestamp":"2020-12-11T20:31:43+0000", "process":"28950", "filename":"404.pl", "remoteIP":"myiphere", "host":"akz-app", "request":"/cgi-bin/404.pl", "query":"", "method":"GET", "status":"200", "userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36", "referer":"https://mysite.com/" }

We put in an exception on the firewall for the browser agent EQdkp Plus, but the above doesn't send in a request via that agent.

Normally a site owner can just put in this tag some where in the head or body of their site to get the tooltips to work.

Code
    <script src="//zam.zamimg.com/j/tooltips.js?c"></script>

This works on non eqdkp plus sites. Can they bypass what is currently being used to pull in tooltips and use the above script instead?

• The Browser Requests are not the Problem here (they work fine), but the requests using our Urlfetcher are blocked. Also, direct curl requests on the command line are blcoked. I have tested several installations and havent been able to find a pattern when they are blocked by cloudflare. The error 1020 of cloudflare indicates that a firewall rule has been violated. You can use my RayID to check what happened.

User can add the Javascript to the Itemtooltip-Config, but thats not the preferred way.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• I have been trying to figure this out..

Where exactly can I place the:

in the:

Itemtooltip-Config ?

Tried in the /templates/mytemplate/index.tpl (both in the head and body)

Obviously didn't work :(

Thanks for any pointers :)

• Settings > Itemtooltips > Custom Itemtooltips

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Settings > Itemtooltips > Custom Itemtooltips

Thanks a lot.

added

Code

But the tooltips are still not showing :(

I also tried changing the "Item-Link For the Tooltips" to match several different ways

<a href="https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item={ITEMID}" {ITEMLINK}> {ITEMNAME}</a>

Still no luck :/

• Just by adding the JS, the Tooltips won't work. This is, because the JS Tooltips search for the item links. Therefore, the links for the Items have to be rewritten.

As the link of a item is normally https://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=000f72862b226abc9a4ac392dc661310, you have to rewrite the itemlink accordingly.

<a href="https://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item={ITEMID}" {ITEMLINK}>{ITEMNAME}</a>

(Untested)

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Thanks a lot GodMode - I really appreciate your effort to help me with the site :)

I have tried a lot of ways to make the href work - but it seems like the variables aren't being sent to the actual lookup. (the {ITEMID} etc.

It ends up looking like this:

In the gui I have this:

(also used: <script src="//zam.zamimg.com/j/tooltips.js?c"></script> - same result)

Result:
    The site shows the correct item name of the item in text.
    links to :

Site is running

Installed version

2.2.27 - not sure if that is an issue :/

• Then you mabye have not added an Game-Itemid to the items.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!