• Receiving this error now. No one is able to access our DKP system because of it. I saw where this problem occurred in 2019 and it was marked as fixed, but I don't see the fix.

• Try to reduce the amount of Items, Raids and Members. Also, you can increase your memory if you have control over the server.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• I have removed several raids and members and increased the memory to triple of what it was and I am still getting the error

• This is very uncommon. Can you please the complete error message, so it might give an indicator why it happens?

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• The message I get on my screen:

A Fatal error has occured

Internal error code: 20200715:eafe256314c8baaef5a77ad6b105bf32

Please forward the above error code to the site administrator.

The error code can be used by an administrator to lookup the full error message in the Administration Control Panel via Logs >> Errors. In addition, the error has been written to the log file located at data/492549a9e28bf667d3ace8bde346e203/tmp/2020-07-15-fatal_error.log and can be accessed with a FTP program or similar.

The message from the fatal error log:

15.07.2020 14:15:56 >>>> 20200715:0242e17370367a55ad2f0404a45c0bd1 <<<<

Type: ERROR

Message: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes)

Code: File: /home/frayed6/public_html/dkp23/libraries/less/Less.php, Line: 7938

Trace:

File: , Line: , Function: catch_fatals, Object: plus_debug_logger

The message from the php error log:

15.07.2020 14:19:59 ERROR: File: /home/frayed6/public_html/dkp23/libraries/less/Less.php line: 7294 Error Code: 1 Error String: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes)

Even though I increased the max amount of memory to 8192MB, this message continues to indicate that the max is 32MB.

Also, this happens when I access the initial web page, and it doesn't matter if I am logged in or not.

• Then you haven't changed the value at the right place, or you haven't restarted the webserver. The value in the error message is the true value which php uses, and 32 MB is too low for the application.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• I have checked the php.ini and it says that the max_memory size is 64 MB. I ran a phpinfo and it says the same thing, and I have finally managed to get the system up, and when I go to the admin panel it says that the max_memory is 32MB.

The system will run query but no admin functions are possible as it gets the out of memory error

• The admin panel uses the exact same function to get the usable memory as phpinfo. Please check what phpinfo says within your EQdkp Plus installation.

You can find it within ACP Overview -> System tab -> Detailed PHP Information

Check the value of memory_limit

Some hosters have different configurations by directory. Once you changed the value in the correct configuration file, you have to restart the PHP worker processes.

• We also had the case that the phpinfo should a different value as the one really used by the PHP processes. The error and the value there is a very good indicator which is really used.

Regarding the restarting of PHP, see https://serverfault.com/questi…ow-do-you-restart-php-fpm

As it seams that you are using a Webhoster, you should contact him and show him the error with the php memory.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• This depends on your setup. If you have access to the php.ini, then in there. If you have a web hosting, then ask your hosting provider.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• I have spoken with the web host technical support and they have verified that the max_memory is 64 MB, in fact they increased it to 512 MB and EQDKP is still showing 32 MB

• Then they haven't increased it correctly. The shown value is the one used.

Maybe you should look for another webhoster who knows what he does.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Why would I do that if the phpinfo says the max_memory and the php.ini says the max_memory is 512 MB it seems to me that there is nothing wrong with the environment.

• EQdkp Plus is using the PHP Environment. If the value displays 32MB AND there is an error message indicating that it is not possible to allocate more than 32MB (which is an php error message and not an EQdkp one), then the Environment is the problem. And for the environment, your hoster is the responsible person.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• I have set up the web site as a separate domain, the support person at the host said that there needed to be a separate php.info in the domain directory and set it up for me. So now, when I run phpinfo from the domain it shows a max_memory of 512 MB while is a different domain it shows 32 MB.

Could the problem be that I am still running PHP 7.2? The other app that shares the server with EQDKP does not sup[port PHP 7.3

• Yes, different PHP versions can have different configuration files.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• GodMod

Changed the title of the thread from “Message: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes)” to “Message: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted”.
  • Why is it so difficult to get a straight answer to this problem? I have answered your questions to the best of my ability and it seems that all I am getting is the run around

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!