Data Export LUA error, html quotes are not escaped properly in v2.3.32

• When exporting LUA from the Raids section (and likely other sections) the HTML variables are not escaped properly so you can't load the LUA natively because the inner quotes break the outer quotes of variable value.

To get there go to Administration Panel -> Raids -> Data Export and select LUA.

--

Example (BROKEN currently in 2.3.32):

["points_current_html"] = "<span class="neutral">0.00</span>"

It should be:

["points_current_html"] = "<span class=\"neutral\">0.00</span>"

ALL of the HTML variables in the export have this problem.

• And where do you want to paste it to?

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• The LUA export is a LUA table layout, that's not a valid LUA table layout export. The quotes need to be escaped otherwise the table breaks as LUA looks for " " for the variable value, and having " .. "neutral" .. " breaks that as the inner quotes break the value definition.

• Yes, I have understood this. I am just curious for what you are using the Lua.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• For WoW, or for which game?

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Can you name these plugins, if possible? Maybe this helps other WoW players. Thanks :)

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• It's not a public mod, it's a proprietary mod only used by our guild. We pull the export data into the mod so we can view the recent data in real time in game, so we don't have to fuss with a website while raiding, then when the raid is over we export the data back into the site to keep them sync'd.

• But this sounds like a mod other WoW players could need... So think about publishing it and give the opensource community something back.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• An earlier version of the mod is released to the public, along with several of my other mods :)

Will this bug be filed to be fixed?

Thanks for your support.

• Sounds great :)

Of course the bug will be fixed.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• GodMod

Added the Label Fixed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!