WoW Roster API

• Hi all

Is there a chance anyone can help me by telling me how to get my API Key for my WoW Guild Roster...

I have got my 2 Keys for my API-Key (read and write)
    The external Data import/update requires API credentials. but when i import i get this error Error #403

Now i dont know if i have done it right. Is there a Step-By-Step for it as i dont understant the Battle.Net How-To on their develop.battle.net/documentation Page :cursing::cursing:

Please someone Help me

Kind Regards

TuskaKitty

• We are working to support the new Blizzard API, but work is ongoing as the new API is missing some details we need.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• Ahhh ok thats great thought i was doing something wrong

Maybe i am still lol just dont know yet haha. Thanks for the reply and good luck

• I am Now nearly done.

Major parts working. Required larger restructure last week, Because they changed the api slightly.

My requested additions are now included, without these the api was more or less useless. I am currently checking if large guilds exceed the limits per hour/second..

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken - Spenden | You want to thank me - Donate [Steam Wishlist]

• Oh wow thats fantastic news.. I cant wait as am new to all this roster stuff i was guild hosting on a wow site but felt outdated mods let the sites down so wanted to make my own :)) So am learning day by day. So learning the Battle.net stuff atm, never even knew it existed lol

• Short version: the api is currently not working, blizzard changed it. And sadly, the new one was missing a lot of information. Update at least for guilds is done, I will finalize it these days. Got a bit delayed as well.

Du willst dich bei mir bedanken - Spenden | You want to thank me - Donate [Steam Wishlist]

• Short version: the api is currently not working, blizzard changed it. And sadly, the new one was missing a lot of information. Update at least for guilds is done, I will finalize it these days. Got a bit delayed as well.

Is there a temporary solution for it apart from just importing all new characters manually?

Thank you

• Hello,

I have to be honest. This is a gamebreaker to using the calendar atm. I can't keep up importing chars etc as we have a really large community.

I would be very glad if you had approximately an estimated time that this feature will be available again. Otherwise it looks like at least for the time I will have to switch to a discord planner or something similar.

Nontheless I want to thank you for your time and effort and I understand how hard this is to keep it alive.

• We know that the situation is annoying, but what can we do if Blizzard changes its complete API? We have to rewrite complete everything, and we had to wait until the API is stable, as Blizzard has changed a lot during their new API is live.

As you can see here https://github.com/EQdkpPlus/game-wow/commits/master, we worked in past days to finalize it. You can give the current GitHub state a try, the import and other things should work, but we are currently working on.

We - wallenium and I - have family and a full-time job, therefore everything takes time.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Yea, I totally understand and appreciate that. It's just been said:

Short version: the api is currently not working, blizzard changed it. And sadly, the new one was missing a lot of information. Update at least for guilds is done, I will finalize it these days. Got a bit delayed as well.

So, was wondering about that "these days" and I was looking for how long approximately I will have to manually import.

Thank you very much again and looking forward to have this feature again. Will keep supporting your work in any case guys. You did great so far with everything!

Ath

• Yes, test it and report any issues.

JFI: We removed some information we previously displayed, and the professions aren't working yet, as Blizzard does not provide them yet.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Please test it. My tests are done, release this evening if you do not find any issues.

The testing of external api is a bit more complex. For that, I wrote several test cases to check multiple languages, etc.

While testing, i stumbled upon several issues.

Sadly, instead of ONE call per char, we need now 8 (sic!) to receive less information than before.

All in all, the new api is a mess. And that blizzard disabled the old one prior to finalizing the new one is a mess too - but more or less normal for blizzard. They simply do not really care.

Please report back if you encounter any issue

• And just to show you, with problems we are facing:

https://www.screencast.com/t/ZLKHJkfPFz

Blizzard is not able to correctly format the names of the chars. e.g., "Sturmjäger" is written as "Sturmjä12569" directly in the API...

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!