Latest Posts: Table topics doesn't exist

• Hi,

Out of the blue we experiencing this Error

I checked Phpmyadmin, there is no table "topics"

I was contacted by the Webmaster because of this Error.

What is the table topics required for an can we fix it?

What you think to be a peak, is nothing but a step (Seneca)

• Check your settings at the latestposts portal module.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• GodMod

Changed the title of the thread from “Query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'DB4052840.topics' doesn't exist” to “Latest Posts: Table topics doesn't exist”.
  • his Error is shown on the Main Calender page

I changed the Debug mode to 1 and later to Developer mode (4)
    but it cannot see a specific sql error.

This Red Error box only shows up if you login to eqdkp_plus at the Main calender area but not
    if you are logged out and in the calender area.

• See my post above.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• No effect.

But i noticed that the Random String in the Error Messages is changing on every user login.

SQL Error (15ef78346af03b6ff9996e7fcf92491f)

SQL Error (03b9c434225edae98bfe1d4151496dcc)

ect.

Can this be a PHP-Session related Problem?

• The error-IDs are generated randomly, and have nothing to do with any Session.

As I already told you, the "error" is caused by wrong settings of the portal module "Latest posts". The error indicates that settings are wrong, e.g. a missing Table Prefix. That the settings are incorrect is also displayed by the hint "An error occured. Please check your settings." when you visit the portal box "Neuste Beiträge" on your portal.

So check again your settings, or disable this portal module, and the error will be gone.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• The error-IDs are generated randomly, and have nothing to do with any Session.

As I already told you, the "error" is caused by wrong settings of the portal module "Latest posts". The error indicates that settings are wrong, e.g. a missing Table Prefix. That the settings are incorrect is also displayed by the hint "An error occured. Please check your settings." when you visit the portal box "Neuste Beiträge" on your portal.

So check again your settings, or disable this portal module, and the error will be gone.

Ok, i was looking up the Portal Module and there is no Module with the name "Neuste Beiträge" or "Latest posts".
    As i said, i iherited this EQDKP_Plus Installation and the person which installed it is unavailable.

Is it possible to reset the portals to a default condition or is it a better solution to backup the db, install a
    fresh default system and restore the db?

• You will find the module on the right column, search for "Letzte Forums-Beiträge". The name "Neueste Beiträge" is the name on the portal.

You can also edit the setting of an module at the frontend. Go to the module, hover over and click on the wrench icon that will appear, if you have the right permissions. https://www.screencast.com/t/PhcOHTMN

To "reset" the portal, just delete/disable anything you don't need. A default condition only occures if you install the software again from the scratch.

It is not recommended to restore a database from a previous installation into an newly installation system, because the information stored will cause problems, e.g. if installed plugins etc. are not available, but marked as installed in the database.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Ok, now i found this "Latest Forum posts" thing, backed up the db first and clicked the re-install button of the portal module "Latest Forum posts"
    (which succeeded) and now the Error box doesnt show up anymore (anything is fine and dandy)

Thanks!