SMTP connect() failed.

• Dear Godmod,

I would like to use smtp server method for mailing.

I get an error: SMTP connect() failed.

openssl extension installed, php-mail package installed (It is an Ubuntu server with apache. Have root)

One info from log:
    PHP Notice: Undefined index: mail_type in /home/****/htdocs/libraries/MyMailer/MyMailer.class.php on line 233, referer: https://***/admin/manage_settings.php?s=

The inputted credentials are good, and the mailbox is working.

• Anyway, i changed "New Raid" notification to everybody (Override), and if i post a new raid to the calendar, only 6 mails going out. (almost 200 users in the db) - They are receiving the mails, but the others are not sent out. (Checked the mail.log on the smtp server and the sender's webserver too.)

• When removing $this->objMailer->isSMTP(); the mail library won't use SMTP, as far as I can see from the documentation.

The connection error occures if your set SMTP seetings are wrong. Therefore, the best is to restore your changes and fix the other things ;)

I have checked it e.g. by using Google Mail, the SMTP Connection works flawless, therefore no bug from our system.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• GodMod

Added the Label Not a Bug
  • Hello, i tested with phpmail and smtp too, but there is only just some mails are sending out. I adjusted the global setting too and make a test account too but the mail is not sent to everybody. This is not a server issue because on the mail.log there is no more email queued for sending only just (about 6) sorry for disturb :)

• Yes, there is a small issue which prevents the overwriting of the user settings. Will be fixed in the next release.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!