How can i change the value's of the talents?

• So i want to use Eqdkp plus for my guild(classic WoW) but the talents got the value of the newer WoW(BFA).

I did change them at Edit character profile fields talent1 and talent2 but at the character creation it still show's the old value's and i can't figure it out?(

Can someone please help me :thumbsup:

• Hi,

I guess you have to change the game file. Have a look at your gae folder - or maybe there is a game for your wow version already changed?

cheers Franky

Live-Seite

- Es gibt keine blöden Fragen - nur blöde Antworten - also frag ich weiter blöd - :thumbsup:
    Und Danke an alle, die mir antworten <3

• Hey drommels,

fine done :-D As I don't play wow I am not familar with the different things you want to change. This was jus a general hint where it might be possible to change these settings.

You have to deal with the game file there are these things located - sorry but this is all I can give you as advice.

If you want, I can have a look at this file - but gues there is no hope that I can fix this - due to lack of experience in that way - I allway do try and error in that cases, sometimes works sometmes not - maybe GodMod or someone else can give you further advice - post your changes in the gamefile here so everyone can have a closer look at that, maybe someone else has a good advice fpr you

sorry Franky

Live-Seite

- Es gibt keine blöden Fragen - nur blöde Antworten - also frag ich weiter blöd - :thumbsup:

• Hey Frany,

I changed talent1 and talent2 in wowclassic.class.php to

0 => 'all', // Unknown

2 => array(3,4,6), // Druid

3 => array(7,8,9), // Hunter

4 => array(10,11,12), // Mage

5 => array(13,14,15), // Paladin

6 => array(16,17,18), // Priest

7 => array(19,20,21), // Rogue

8 => array(22,23,24), // Shaman

9 => array(25,26,27), // Warlock

10 => array(28,29,30), // Warrior

and 20 is outlaw atm even after i changed it in the database to combat eqdkp23_member_profilefields - talent1 and talent2

so i don't where i should look now

• Hey Drommels,

I would think it is enough if you change it in the gamefile - not in the database this I think is unnecessary and might lead to problems.

My suggestion is - change the game in eqdkp to default, reinstall the gamefiles, this will make every change you did in the game file to the database.

You can also send me the file or attatch it, the I will have a look at it, if I can give you further help.

again manual changes directly in the database will not solve the problem and might lead to other problems.

cheers franky

Live-Seite

• Hey,

So I made a test installation and installed the wowclassic Game.

Please explain me in detail, what you would like to change oder send me your already chaned file.

I Guess there is just a syntax error e.g missing "," or a "(" or someting like that?

Send me the file an I will have a look at it.

Ah as I see, in the gamefile there are 2 conditions - Without Shaman / without Paladin - so maybe your changes were in the wrong case either in without shaman and you choose without Paladin or vice versa. This might explain the problem?

Sorry I am not playing WoW so I am not familar with the classes, races and s on.

cheers Franky

Live-Seite

• Hey Franky,

It is quite simpel what i want! When making a character and you select a rogue it gives 3 options and one of them isn't correct(Outlaw) i want to change Outlaw to Combat but it doesn't seem to work.

• Ah now I see what the problem is -

Instead Outlaw it should be Combat - this could be changed in the Gamefile.

Is there any spec where Outlaw is needed ?

Cheers Franky

Live-Seite

• P.S: If it is only a renaming from Outlaw ro Combat this could be done in the language file, there are the Arrays defined and filled with the "Names" Just change line 263 from 20 => 'Outlaw', to20 => 'Combat',

This should solve your problem? Right?

Cheers Franky

Live-Seite

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!