Need guidance for EQ1

• We were using old EQDKP (2003) until we could no longer use it (this past week). We are attempting to migrate to EQDKP Plus.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is the only parse format available for EQ 1 the raid log dump? We are use to doing channel lists and old system would handle it. Example Below.

I'm finding this format does not work, or am I missing something I need to prefix this information with?

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Channel Turkey(44) members:

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Efton, Adruger, Nuek, Eenelil, Zorthaz, Mezz, Valadan, Toastie, Tinkeringmule, Rowansbane

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] *Xslia, Graycaller, Galamann, Silver, Gutzz, Wolfjaws, Taedianfleur, Baeltor, Fluiturflam, Valspar

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Voncia, Xyza, Poseidon, Trilo, Kaschelt, Tjay, Docmoon, Uinamen, Belem, Toomanynotes

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Sumdary, Mosha, Baybee, Loggmeister, Faadar, Cellar, Meydoosa, Gimmy, Shorril, Vokatemu

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Lydialee, Gnomius, Rangie, Draynor

2) Wiki showed a loot parse but I for the life of me cannot get it to parse out.

a) is it appended to the end of the raid log,

b) is it loaded separately

c) pipe dream?

3) Can an administrator populate EARNED DKP and SPENT totals so that we can show lifetime's.

1) I can use adjustments to load over the balance, but I'd rather show earned if an Admin can change it.

These are my questions. I really did try to find a guide to help me with these points but i could not find it (not to say it's not there)

Any guidance or answers will be appreciated. This is a much more powerful tool then the original one we were working with, thanks for creating this.

• 1) The available parsers can be found here: https://wiki.eqdkp-plus.eu/wiki/Raidlogimport#Parsers

2) The Strings are loaded into the Plugin "RaidLogImport"

3) Don't know what you exactly mean. You can create positive or negative Adjustments to adjust the current DKP count.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• GodMod

Changed the title of the thread from “New to EQdkp Plus - need guidance (yes I've been reading the Wiki!) (EQ1 parse, loot, Earned dkp questions)” to “Need guidance for EQ1”.
  • Thank you for your reply.

1) the parsers for Everquest 1 - only works for raid dump /outputfile raid or /who information.

the /who does pickup the extra people out of zone for raids (I may have on some nights more then 54, zone limit, and sitouts earn dkp) .

2). I'm just not understanding the loot parser. I've tried 14 different ways.

a) loaded standalone as as below and it tells me I have no members for my raid.

[Thu Nov 07 20:24:28 2019] --Gutzz has looted a Sinister Steamwork Chain Chest Ornament from a ticking treasure box .--

[Thu Nov 07 20:26:37 2019] --Wolfjaws has looted a Rusted Access Panel from a ticking treasure box .--

[Thu Nov 07 20:28:21 2019] --Gutzz has looted a Rusted Access Panel from a ticking treasure box .--

b) I've added it to the end of a raid dump as follows (putting in a a line between raid dump and loot) and no it does not work.

8 Mezz 110 Enchanter Yes

9 Uinamen 110 Necromancer Group Leader Yes

9 Eenelil 110 Magician Yes

9 Meydoosa 110 Druid Yes

9 Xyza 110 Enchanter Yes

[Thu Nov 07 20:24:28 2019] --Gutzz has looted a Sinister Steamwork Chain Chest Ornament from a ticking treasure box .--

[Thu Nov 07 20:26:37 2019] --Wolfjaws has looted a Rusted Access Panel from a ticking treasure box .--

[Thu Nov 07 20:28:21 2019] --Gutzz has looted a Rusted Access Panel from a ticking treasure box .--

3) Correct - I can load adjustments positive/negative, but it shows up as "adjustments" but it does not populate the "lifetime earned". Is there a method as admin to update the lifetime bucket directly. As it is - we all will have lifetime earned as zero. (we do use lifetime earned for some loot awards).

• 2) You copy the output and insert it into the form. Before, select the correct format of the log. Then the parser will do his work.

3) What is "lifetime earned"? Adjustments are displayed as adjustments. Earned are the points from the Raids, Spent are the points from the Items, and Adjustments are adjustments. There is no other possibility for administrators to change this.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• Thanks. For #3, it is what it is, we'll adjust.

For #1,2. what am I missing in this text as it does not parse out, this is a direct cut/paste from my log file after a /list for people in a channel created for raids.

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Channel Turkey(44) members:

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Efton, Adruger, Nuek, Eenelil, Zorthaz, Mezz, Valadan, Toastie, Tinkeringmule, Rowansbane

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] *Xslia, Graycaller, Galamann, Silver, Gutzz, Wolfjaws, Taedianfleur, Baeltor, Fluiturflam, Valspar

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Voncia, Xyza, Poseidon, Trilo, Kaschelt, Tjay, Docmoon, Uinamen, Belem, Toomanynotes

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Sumdary, Mosha, Baybee, Loggmeister, Faadar, Cellar, Meydoosa, Gimmy, Shorril, Vokatemu

[Thu Nov 07 19:32:36 2019] Lydialee, Gnomius, Rangie, Draynor

• For this kind of output, I would assume that "everquest_loot_parser" is the right one.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• But the first part with the members will be ignored. As far as I know, no everquest parser of the RLI currently supports that.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Omgosh THANK YOU for doing this, I will ask our website guru to down load this and install it on our site.

• Are all other questions answered for now?

You have to remember when asking questions about EQ1, that no one of us is playing EQ1/EQ2, even if our name still indicates that ;) Therefore we need clear questions/directions what you want to achieve.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Thank you for what you did, I tested it out today after our admin downloaded the new code. Helps tons.

Follow up question on Articles. I see how to add articles, but as a "user" when I log in - where do I find those articles. I specifically interested in "news" that we can push out news to our raiders, but I've added news, but unless I'm an admin I cannot see the news that was loaded.

• Maybe you havent published the articles, or haven't give the users permissions for the article category? If you have created new articles at the default news section, they should be visible.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• But it seams that you have removed the news category from the menu, or changed the permissions. Also, your start page is the calendar, therefore your user need some link.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Thanks, I asked my websupport person for help and he figured out what I could not (I am not a coder/installer) i'm just a simple user.

I'd like to ask another question if I may. I'm trying to load in our raids from last night. I've given the parser the following raid import String and used "Everquest Loot" option

[Mon Nov 11 19:27:29 2019] Channel Cranberry(47) members:

[Mon Nov 11 19:27:29 2019] Izzn, Efton, Adruger, Wanluan, Eenelil, Arlyana, Valadan, Toastie, Rowansbane, *Xslia

[Mon Nov 11 19:27:29 2019] Graycaller, Galamann, Silver, Gutzz, Wolfjaws, Taedianfleur, Baeltor, Fluiturflam, Valspar, Voncia

[Mon Nov 11 19:27:29 2019] Xyza, Trilo, Ramine, Peppamnt, Tjay, Ichvonsing, Docmoon, Sixto, Oumnusar, Uinamen

[Mon Nov 11 19:27:29 2019] Belem, Toomanynotes, Mosha, Baybee, Faadar, Fyrmn, Cellar, Meydoosa, Gimmy, Xalatan

[Mon Nov 11 19:27:29 2019] Cerylia, Cottwin, Intellicast, Vokatemu, Lydialee, Gnomius, Draynor

I'm presented with the raid details page.

- It does not pick up the date timestamp on "raid page" so I manually adjust that.

- When I get to the character page - it shows me all the names listed, but when I click forward it tells me I need to select at least one. =

- To move forward I have to manually click "select option" next to each person name before I can move forward.

Is this the correct method? - that after loading in names I have to select each person's name?

Thanks for your input.

• If you use the "Checkboxes" Layout, then you can use the checkbox at the top to select all.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Can I ask where I can find the "Checkboxes" layout? is that an admin setting? I really am trying to not be a bother, but this tool is very complex compared to my last one.

• Thanks! If your feeling like some extra brain power.. he is what I typically do and maybe you can tell me the best default settings I need for doing Raids.

1) I take attendance every 30 minutes for raids.

2) I then want to enter those attendances - some will have no loot as we are clearing trash)

3) if we kill a boss - then I use the next 30 minute timestamp to record that kill/loot.

So basically I do manually timestamps of attendance every 30 minutes. I do this because during the night with 54 raiders, we have people come and go all the time. So it's easier to track in 30 minute increments of raiders.

I will typically do an entry like follows

TBL-Setup (time attendance) at start of raid night.

TBL-Attend (19:30 attenance) 30 minutes after start

TBL-Attend (20:00 attendance)

TBL-GMM-Dragon - Attendance + loot

My lists of a channel may or may not have loot associated with that attendance. In my 4 attendance stamps above, only the last one would I record any loot.

Really appreciate your efforts and assistance.

• I am not a RLI expert, it was written by a former raid member. I also don't play an MMORPG, therefore never used it productive.

But just import every of your snapshots, and I think the example https://wiki.eqdkp-plus.eu/wik…hole_raid_.28Event-DKP.29 should be the correct one for you. Otherwise read through the wiki and play around with the settings.

But we can do another thing - if you will upload all the four "snapshots", maybe it will be possible that we can combine them so you only need one import... But I won't promise, because I am a bit busy currently...

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Thanks for your response. I'll just load as individual attends, I do not want to cause you any more work, you've been most helpful already. I'll go read the wiki again and see if I can find what I'm looking for. Thanks Again.