Correctly using EQDKPlus (zero sum)

• Before I found EQDKPlus I was reading about different types of DKP distribution systems.
    One of them was zero sum.
    That sounded as best solution for needs of our clan.
    I am not sure if we are using the system as it is designed to be used though.

Our use case:
    We are participating in raids where we get different quantities of different items.
    We would like to register all these items inside of EQDKPlus.
    Every member who participated in raid would get amount of points equal to estimated value of all items obtained in some raid divided by number of participants (system is indeed doing this calculation for us).
    All items are initially going to a central place such as guild bank and members can at later date buy items with their points.
    Points are obtained only from this scenario.
    In case some item value changes, we would like to be able to update it's value from every raid where we got such item and nobody claimed that item yet.

Our usage of EQDKPlus zero sum:
    One imagionary character not representing anyone in game is created and he is initial buyer of all items we get in every raid.
    So this character never has positive amount of points.
    Unfortunatelly we don't see way to update item prices other than manually opening each raid and doing update.

Is this how zero sum EQDKPlus is designed to be used and if not, is there some kind of trick we could do to accomplish this main use case?

• Yes, you manually have to update item prices. These are just normal DKP. The zero sum calculation takes only part for the Sum of a character.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• You might already gave me an answer to next question I will ask but can you just confirm I understood it correctly. There is no built-in way to target same kind of item (same id) across different raids from a single place in order to update value of all it's instances?

• Thank you for fast and clear response.

Since we get a lot of items during every raiding session and instances of the same items always have same DKP value (not related to specific raid but in game market value) could you give me some tip where I should look at if I try to make modifications to your system to be able to:

1. globally update values of all the items of the same class (id)

2. faster input same item (same id, description, value) multiple times - I guess ability to make copies of same row (but already filled) would be good enough

If something from 1. or 2. is already available please let me know.

• For some reason I am unable to edit my posts.
    Anyways, we need to find a solution for 1. requirement because although we can input 50 or 100 items after every raid (problem 2.), having to open multiple raids at later date in order to update some item's value across all of them would be very time consuming so if I have to modify core behavior of the system in order to achieve this I am willing to do it.

• During Raid Creation, you can fill the amount column to add multiple items.

To update multiple items at the same time, you can use the checkbox to select them, and then use the bulk edit feature to change the amount for the selected ones at one time.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• Thanks for fast answer but still I was unable to find checkbox to select items in order to do bulk update.
    Maybe you can take a look exactly how I am using the system and point out what I am doing wrong.
    I am also adressing issue about inability to add multiple same items.