Plus Exchange Update API?

• I'm creating an application that uses eq dkp plus exchange. I can't figure out how to update existing users / characters / raid.

How would I, for example, update the main character name of an existing user?

• The exchange API is not designed for editing existing objects, like Chars, characters or even user.

The purpose of the API is to fetch data, display it, and to add DKP related stuff like raids, items and adjustments.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Interesting -- so you cannot even update the raid attendee list after a raid is created?

Often our guild has people playing bots or other peoples' characters for a raid, so there is a need to update the attendee list after initial creation when they submit a correction to add themselves.

I guess this could be achieved with an adjustment, but then the lifetime percentage of raids attended would be wrong for that character.

• Interesting -- so you cannot even update the raid attendee list after a raid is created?

You can - but not from the API, but from the website.

Often our guild has people playing bots or other peoples' characters for a raid, so there is a need to update the attendee list after initial creation when they submit a correction to add themselves.

Why is the raid not created when everybody is finished with their corrections? Also, normal users should not be able to add/edit raids. And administrators can always use the EQdkp website.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Yes, that is what we will end up doing -- we'll open the correction period for 24 hours after a raid and if they're not entered by then, an admin will have to enter it in the site itself.

The reason we are letting normal users submit corrections is that the number of raids and corrections is very high, and it is a bit overwhelming for the admins. Normal users are not set up in eqdkp as admins, we just record their submissions in Discord and admins are manually keying those in.

I do wish we could create the raid off our initial log and add people as necessary, but I understand that the api is not intended to update.

Thank you for all the help!

• How would you implement it if the API would be able to do updates (for admins with privileged user that can update raids)?

I want to understand exactly your needs.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• If the API would do updates, what I would do is this:

In discord, an admin creates a raid using the command

$Create-raid {mobname} {kill/nokill}

Admin copy pastes a log following the create raid, usually those look like this:

[Wed May 29 02:33:21 2019] [57 Beguiler] Talia (High Elf) <Encore>

[Wed May 29 02:33:21 2019] [60 Arch Mage] Temur (Dark Elf) <Encore>

[Wed May 29 02:33:21 2019] There are 2 players in The Feerrott.

At this point I have the raid event (through mob name), kill/no kill, which is enough to determine a value, and the raid attendee list.

Now I would create the raid via the api using this information, adding those two attendees.

However, Temur is a bot character, and that cannot be tied to any real individual. So the actual person who played Temur, say Ziing, would type in Discord some time after the raid is created something like:

$dkp-add Ziing {mobname}

$dkp-remove Temur {mobname}

From this I can call two updates to the raid: Remove Temur from the raid attendee list, and Add Ziing to the raid attendee list.

-----------------

From the above example, you can see for one character in one raid it's not that valuable, but we often have 100+ people in raid, and 15 are playing bots.

When you have potentially up to 25 raid events in a single day, this can be very tedious to manually go into every raid and add/remove people for one admin based on their corrections. The admins aren't really able to QC every single request due to volume. They're just checking "Is the character a bot? Yes? Okay this is a real correction."

Right now this is all done via hand in the eqdkp interface, but with an update API I could potentially automate it and just provide some report on all corrections made.