Large number of SQL Syntax Errors in 2.3.8

• I setup EQDKP recently for a new guild; it actually failed to install due to SQL syntax issues. It looked like the install files didn't use backticks for several MySQL reserved keywords, when I manually added the backticks to those files in question, the installation errors went away and it installed fine. Day to day use wise, the install has been working great, all raids upload fine, items record fine, character management works etc. But anytime I do any action in the Admin CP (update a char, raid, item etc) it generates a ton of SQL Syntax errors listed below. Now, what is odd is while there are tens of thousands of errors like this in my system, so far I have never seen them "actually" break anything. So for example if I update a Character, it will give me multiple SQL Syntax errors, but the Character update still goes through just fine.

I would like to fix whatever is causing the huge number of syntax errors though, so any advice/help would be much appreciated.

>>>> 4c0b73f89e608d9ac979ede5460305c1 <<<<
    Query: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC' at line 1
    Database: endless_eqdkp23
    Prefix: eqdkp23_
    Trace:
    #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\libraries\dbal\mysql_pdo.dbal.class.php(644): DatabaseStatement->error('SQLSTATE[42000]...', '', 0)
    #1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\includes\modules\read\points\pdh_r_points.class.php(611): DB_Mysql_PDO_Statement->execute()
    #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\includes\modules\read\points\pdh_r_points.class.php(591): pdh_r_points->snapshot_mapping()
    #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\includes\modules\read\points\pdh_r_points.class.php(512): pdh_r_points->get_add_snapshot('214', '1')
    #4 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\includes\modules\read\points\pdh_r_points.class.php(532): pdh_r_points->calculate_single_points('214', '1')
    #5 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\includes\modules\read\points\pdh_r_points.class.php(282): pdh_r_points->calculate_multi_points('214', '1')
    #6 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\includes\modules\read\points\pdh_r_points.class.php(299): pdh_r_points->get_earned('214', '1', '0', '1')
    #7 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\data_handler\plus_datahandler.class.php(430): pdh_r_points->get_html_earned('214', '1', '0', '1')
    #8 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\html_pdh_tag_table.class.php(294): plus_datahandler->geth('points', 'earned', Array, Array)
    #9 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\html_pdh_tag_table.class.php(181): html_pdh_tag_table->get_html_row(214, false)
    #10 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\html_pdh_tag_table.class.php(163): html_pdh_tag_table->get_html_table_body(false)
    #11 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\pageobjects\points_pageobject.class.php(161): html_pdh_tag_table->get_html_table('', '&mdkpid=0', NULL, NULL, '')
    #12 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\pageobject.class.php(98): points_pageobject->display()
    #13 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\pageobjects\points_pageobject.class.php(27): pageobject->process()
    #14 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\registry.class.php(70): points_pageobject->__construct()
    #15 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\index.php(546): registry::register('points_pageobje...')
    #16 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\index.php(46): controller->display()
    #17 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\core\registry.class.php(70): controller->__construct()
    #18 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\eqdkp\index.php(979): registry::register('controller')
    #19 {main} <<<<
  • What database server do you use? EQdkp Plus works fine on all tested and current versions of MySQL and MariaDB, without the need of any modification,

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• I will check it with this version, but this may take some time. But I recommend using MariaDB or using MySQL 5.x.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• Alright, I honestly just went with the newest version available when I set it up. If I setup a 5.x version on my server is there an easy way to migrate to it or do I need to do a full reinstall?

• There should be no problem dumping the old database and adding to the other mysql server.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Tested it with MySQL 8 on a linux system. Installation works fine, but yes, there are SQL errors, caused by using "time" and "type". They will be escaped with backticks at the next release.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod