Warcraft - Unable to refresh character info

  • Hello,

    Thanks for all your help earlier getting my installation of EQDKP updated to 2.3.7. Its working great, but since Blizzard's changes to the API, it hasn't been able to refresh the character info for our guild members. I have now updated the game module to the newest, and i have put in the client ID and secret as needed for the new OAUTH, but it still isn't able to refresh the character info. Whenever i do a refresh it gives the error :

    Character not updated
    Reason: Unknown import error - battle.net does not provide an error message

    It does work for maybe one character in the list, but i don't know if this is just an issue that should resolve itself or if i entered in some incorrect information?

    Any idea what i can do to troubleshoot this?

    Thanks


  • I can see no issues here. Can import and update your guild flawless on two different testsystems.

    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod


    Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

    amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

  • Can you please send me a maintenance user and a FTP/SCP user with writing permissions? So I can check and debug on your system.

    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod


    Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

    amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

  • Unfortunately, my host doesn't allow FTP access to the public HTML directory, so even if i did give you a FTP account, it wouldn't really give you access to the EQDKP files. I can certainly setup a maintenance account, but i don't know if that will give you all the tools you need?

  • So the EQDKP site is just a different directory of my main guild site. I am using the new API on the main site to pull character info. So it works here :

    https://crusadersofthenight.net/guild-armory-list/

    This is done with a wordpress plugin called WoWPi


    But i can't get it to refresh in EQDKP page

    https://crusadersofthenight.net/eqdkp/


    Not sure if this creates any conflicts by making the requests from different pages on the same domain. Also not sure if there is a way to even see if the requests are making it to blizzard. If Blizzard is refusing the connections, there should be some logs somewhere to see shouldn't there?

  • Only if blizzard Provides them. And error Logging was always poor on the api.


    What i would they: you are able to Create a Second Secret at blizzard. Create one for this page, Maybe it works.


    My tester shows that data is provided.

    Maybe there is a Space Char at the end of The Guild or realm Name? Habe you checked your settings?


    http://kompsoft.de/test/eqdkp/…ight&realm=skywall&loc=us

  • Just send me an maintenance user for the eqdkp. This helps for the start. If i need further debug, i will send you the files to replace.

    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod


    Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

    amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

  • I actually have created 2 clients and tried both of them. one of them is for the guild armory page, and one for the EQDKP site. I have tried both client IDs and secrets, and neither one seems to make a difference.

  • You had spaces before and after the client secret. Therefore access token could not have been created. Works now.

    Viele Grüße,
    GodMod


    Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

    amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

  • That is what i wrote as solution in My last Post. Godmod Changed Core a Bit that this should be trimmed automatically now ;)


    App id and Secret are shareable, this could Not have been the Problem..