Looking for advice, best practices, config sugestions

• Looking to get some advice on how to setup the system a little better. System works great but over time has come to a crawl when doing certain things. I have a feeling it might partially be with how we use some of the features and looking for better options.

Our raid_attendees is at 222k. Items at 4k. raids at 3k, and members at 700.

It's running on a very beefy server and i've already increased the memory available as we ran into some allocation errors a while ago, but have not seen them since I upped it.

I saw in another thread about having too many events in 1 multidkp pool can be a burden but haven't looked to see what multidkp really does or how I could leverage it.

Would be willing to jump on webex, share configs, etc.

• MultiDKP splits the Leaderboard etc. in different Pools. You can assign to each Pool own Events and Itempools, so you have different standings for each MultiDKP Pool.

EQdkp Plus 2.3 adds a feature which will delete old raids, but keeping the old DKP (with creating an Adjustment). Also 2.3 should be better in performance and memory usage. You can clone you existing installation and upgrade to 2.3 in order to test.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Ok multidkp would probably not work for us. I did upgrade to 2.3 like 2 months ago but the rest of the team hated it. It felt slower overall and clunkier.

We have been talking about deleting all raids older then 90days so that the attendance % stays accurate and doing an adjustment to each member. We also talked about not doing as many events in the future but this would just delay the slowdown and would require us to wipe it out again later on.

• It felt slower overall and clunkier.

This must be a feeling. We optimized code and from the loading times it is faster than 2.3.

Also, the old themes are available, so don't now why it is "clunkier", as we improved the handling.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Whats the best process to clone it and upgrade that clone to 2.3? Last time I did it I just upgraded to 2.3 and so there was no side by side comparison available. Thinking of trying to have both versions running so we can really evaluate it.

• Thanks! Got the test system setup and working. Added in the beta repo and started live update but it seems to just hang on extracting files. verified all the folders are set to 755 and files to 644. www-data is the owner for everything as well.

• The parsers have been created on behalf and input from the community. So I dont know using which tool for which parser.

E.g. 0.7.1.4 - /who parser doesn't work

Or you go directly into the parser and check the regex

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• I've been looking through a lot of the posts about the parsers. Trying to use the everquest /who extended. The first thing it seems to try and find is the time and the event.

$regex = '~\[(?<time>.*)\].*\((?<event>.*)\).*~';

preg_match_all($regex, $text, $matches, PREG_SET_ORDER);

foreach($matches as $match) {

$event = trim($match['event']);

$start = $end = trim($match['time']);

if (!is_numeric($event)) $data['zones'][] = array('', $dst ? strtotime('+1 hours', strtotime($start)) : strtotime($start), $dst ? strtotime('+1 hours', strtotime($end)) : strtotime($end), 0, $event);

//if (!is_numeric($event)) $data['zones'][] = array('', strtotime($start), strtotime($end), 0, $event);

}

and this appears to be the format he used for the log message.

[Sun Jul 26 18:15:30 2015] You say, '$$ TDS/CotF (Arx Mentis: Defense of the City) $

I can see it pulling time between the [ and ]. Then it looks like it pulls the event between the ( and ) but I tried to edit this log message and import it with one of our events and it just defaults to the 1st event in the dropdown when adding the raid.

• Beitrag von GodMod ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde vom Autor gelöscht ().
  • Ah, now I know what you mean. I don't think that Events are currently autocreated. Therefore it just selects the first one. You can create a new event with the same name, then it should be selected. The autocreation is difficult as the events has to be connected with appropriate MultiDKP and Itempool. Therefore only the Bosses and Zones are autocreated in RLI (if enabled).

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Yeah I have been brushing up on my regex and php.

I added in a handful of Bosses/Zones but I am not sure how those tie to anything?

We have multiple events created already. Time Tick, Tier 1 bosskill, Tier 2 bosskill, etc.

So what I am trying to do is use a line in a log to select one of those automatically when importing the raid log.

[Sat Jan 12 18:37:02 2019] You tell testdkp:2, '$$ Time Tick (Tier 1 bosskill) $'

tried a whole bunch of combinations in the log message there and nothing seems to select anything other then the first event in the drop down.

I guess if i knew what variables I could use to populate the RLI fields. I can write my own regex instead of trying to figure out what someone else completed.

For example is the event drop down just $event? and as long as $event matches an event that already is defined it would auto select it.

• I think there is an error in the parser.

Line 54 should be

Code
    1. if (!is_numeric($event)) $data['zones'][] = array($event, $dst ? strtotime('+1 hours', strtotime($start)) : strtotime($start), $dst ? strtotime('+1 hours', strtotime($end)) : strtotime($end), 0, $event);

Using the $event as name of the zone. Then you need to create a new zone at RLI, associated with an event. Then the auto select will work.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• Hmm, so I made the changes and it works for some but not all. Cant tell what the difference is.

[Sat Jan 12 18:37:02 2019] You tell testdkp:2, '(vexthal)'

[Sat Jan 12 19:39:02 2019] You tell testdkp:2, '(sseru)'

[Sat Jan 12 20:45:02 2019] You tell testdkp:2, '(ssratemple)'

[Sat Jan 12 21:50:02 2019] You tell testdkp:2, '(kael)'

the 2nd and 3rd work and select the right event associated with that zone.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i.imgur.com/yaz9kHJ.png]