EQdkp Plus 2.3 was released. Currently, we do not distribute direct Updates for existing 2.2 installations.
Therefore you have to make a few steps to get the Update for 2.3 if using 2.2.
- Create a backup of your files and your database
- Open the file config.php at the root folder of your installation and insert the following code before the ending ?>: define('REPO_CHANNEL', 'beta');
- Change the default style and your personal style to eqdkp_modern to avoid problems during the update
- Go to the Live-Update Administrationpage and click on the button Check for updates
- Click now on the button Start Live-Update
- The Updater searches for the update package and downloads it
- During the update process, the updates will show you files where conflicts have been found. This is mostly the case if you have modified files. You should download the modified files and continue with the update so the new files can be copied.
- Now, the new files will be copied over your existing installation. After that, your style may have display problems, as the following picture shows. But the Live-Update should continue and run until the end. The showed SQL-errors will be fixed at the later step.
- After the update you will be redirected to the maintenance area. Execute the update 2.3.0 and after that the worker to build the pointcache.
Continued at the next post.