Performance issues - hosting provider recommendation?

• Firstly, LOVE the package and everything you do. Now that i've become familiar with it, everything is a breeze. The issue I'm encountering I'm almost sure is related to my hosting provider, but I want to confirm or get feedback.

I have the package deployed on GoDaddy's hosting package, with 2 CPU and 2048 MB RAM, 2048MBps bandwidth. On our peak raid nights we'll have 60-70 people attempting to access the site at any given time and nearly every instance the site slows down / crashes and results in 503's. During non-peak times (e.g. right now, early morning, no one on) it sometimes behaves in a strange way where it seems like it doesn't use the CSS or any other style sheets and loads the raw HTML for the site (see screen shot).

The hosting package meets the minimum specs, but is there anything else I can do to "tune" the site to not have these problems? Is there a number of configurable threads for user concurrency, or something else? In some instances i'm certain it's the resourcing, but in others (like today) i'm struggling to figure out what would be having issues with rendering the page.

Any help or guidance is appreciated! I'm on version 2.2.17, php 5.6.

• While reading the godaddy help pages, 503 errors might occure if all connection to you server are full... So your package might not handle the 60-70 concurrent visitors. So searching for another Hoster might be good.

But maybe it helps using php7, and the eqdkp plus 2.3 rc, as we have improved performance, and added support for the redis cache.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal

• What is your php memory_limit set to? You can find that info under the admin panel, click on system tab and click on the Detailed PHP Information link. It needs to be at least 128M or higher. If it's not at least 128M, find your php.ini and change the value. If the value doesn't change, make sure you are editing the correct php.ini file, you'll see at the top of the php info page where the Loaded Configuration File is.

• I dont think that is a php memory problem, as this would throw php fatal errors if the limit is reached, and not 503 errors from the server. As stated above I think his package is not able to handle as much different users as he has.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

Amazon Wishlist | PayPal