Login method: Battlenet

• Hello

I've just found out about your CMS and it looks very promising. I'm trying to set up a test install and see how it works.

This is for a wow guild and I'd like to use battle.net integration.

From what I've understand this is the flow:

People register normally at our website, and then go to their account settings -> Registration information and connect the account to Battle.Net

After this they can log in using the battle.net.

I've made an application for this at dev.battle.net. This application is registred withouth callback url.
    I have tested the oauth using "Community OAuth Profile APIs - EU" at https://dev.battle.net/io-docs
    It works as expected. I get an authorization code and can then get a valid token.

I tick off Battlenet as valid login method under Login Settings, and save. Refresh the page and then I'm able to enter the Battle.net Key and Battle.net Secret.
    I add the key and secret and save.

I go to my normal user and try to connect it to my battle.net account but get a page like the attached image.

Error number 400
    Invalid grant type or callback URL is not valid.

Here is the url it goes to (i have removed the client_id and parts of the website.
    https://eu.battle.net/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id=xxx&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.xxx.net%2Feqd%2Findex.php%2FSettings%2F%3Fmode%3Daddauthacc%26lmethod%3Dbattlenet%26norelay%3D1&scope=wow.profile

It contains the correct client_id as far as I know - it matches my Battle.net Key.
    The website is using HTTPS

Side note: I can update the guild members using this Battle.net Key in the game section.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Thanks!! Working now.

Can players register using battle.net now or does all need to register first then link to battle.net?

• They need a eqdkp plus account first. That is how all login methods work, they are linked to an eqdkp account.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• Ok - so i might scrap that part for now as I don't see any advantage to it.

How about integration with phpbb? Does that move all user and password management to phpbb? As in they don't need a separate login first in eqdkp+?

• No, nothing is moved to phpbb. The EQdkp Plus creates a new user after the user logs into the EQdkp Plus. There is a Bridge Sync Cronjob, which creates they user without needing login into EQdkp Plus, but it has manually be activated.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.

• Cool

But that means that users has to be managed in phpbb? Or can they set password differently in eqdkp-plus later?

one more thing: Adding the callback worked for me, but when I got a guildie to try it it didn't work.
    He registred and then went into his settings and pressed the battle.net button, and got the same 400 page I got previously.

Edit: Will the battle.net connection between users and bnet link their in-guild chars?

• Last one: No. You have to manually Import them from battle.net in Charmanagment ;) or Import the whole guild in the admin settings

Du willst dich bei mir bedanken - Spenden | You want to thank me - Donate [Steam Wishlist]

• No, the board is the leading system for password, email address etc. of the users.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• Thanks for the great answers.

One more: What does the battle.net integration do for users if they have to make a user manually first anyway? Is there something I have missed?

• After the account is connected, they can login into EQdkp Plus without entering a password. In combination with the bridge (if it supports SSO), they are also logged in into the board.
    It's just convenience not to have insert the Username and Password.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

• More thanks - I shall keep on checking. Still not sure why my friend got same error as me, the application is configured correctly

• Application was correctly configured, but callback was registred with www - and the eqdkp-plus was accessible on domain both with and without www subdomain.
    Resolved - thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!