[Final Fantasy XIV] Would it be possible to link members' characters to Lodestone?

We have already announced it 2017, that we will end the development and support of EQdkp Plus. As we are not able anymore to effort the required time to maintain EQdkp Plus, and we didn't received any help, we have decided to end the complete project EQdkp Plus. Therefore, there will be one last release of EQdkp Plus.

All relevant information are already transferred to GitHub. Additional scripts, documentation and the Source Code is available at our GitHub Repository. The project tools like board, wiki etc. will be removed in ca. 2-3 months.

We want to thank you for your journey with EQdkp Plus over all these years, and wish you a lot of successful raids.

The EQdkp Plus Team
  • Lodestone is the official site that shows game data like character stats, gear, classes, and minions and mounts. This is my character in Lodestone, for example. It would be really, really, really neat (and convenient!) if Eqdkp could pull that data from there and display it in the character profile; that way people wouldn't need to input their classes and upload their character's profile photo manually. I've seen this on Guild hosting services like Enjin, and it would be really handy to have that function.

It wouldn't be necessary to show all the data, but at least use the Lodestone snapshot as profile photo and have the class data visible.

I have no idea how to do this. I'm just a lousy graphic designer who speaks only html and css, and even those are somewhat rusty. :|

• Does lodestone Has an api to get the Data? Cannot find one, and parsing the HTML pages is Not a good thing, if they change onr thing....

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• Can't find a API too, maybe know shaijis anything about this else i don't thing we can do that ;)

GodMod: Hab mich da nun wie wild durchgewurschtelt,.. nix. Es gibt zwar ein paar wenige Librarys, aber auch diese arbeiten nur via Seite auslesen und durch RegEx jagen. In deren Forum sind auch schon an die 10 Threads seid 2011 offen und unbeantwortet (bezüglich einer API) :/
    Ich hätt mich dennoch aus trotz und spaß daran probiert, aber wie du schon sagst.. eine derartige Methode ist unsauber und verlangt das uns die User auf den laufenden halten etc.

• Du kannst ja mal eine Library nutzen, wie z.B. https://github.com/viion/XIVPads-LodestoneAPI

Aber es muss halt klar sein, dass die ganze Sache sehr schnell nicht mehr funktionieren kann, sobald die was ändern an der Seite. Was auch der Grund ist, wieso wir eben noch sowas nicht implementiert haben.

Viele Grüße,
    GodMod

Bitte sendet mir keine unaufgeforderten Support-PNs. | Please don't send me unwanted support-PMs.
    Du willst dich bei mir bedanken: | You want to thank me:

amazon_wishlist.jpg paypal_logo.jpg

• Okay, thanks. I only found the XIV Pads API God Mod linked. It's probably the one everyone's using since there's apparently no official API.

In any case, thank you for your replies and sorry for making a thread about this! I quickly glanced over the FFXIV threads with search but didn't notice another request regarding the Lodestone, so, um. Yeah. Sorry about it.

• No, like it already written here...
    I've checked it already 2-3 times and re-writed the game, but there is no official API. Few Month ago, they released an oficial API but only for Items.
    I can take a look on it again, but i see no chance atm.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!